Nov 12, 2010

Waiting for a pattern

So I've decided to make the Sweet Harmony bag, but no one in town has the pattern.  I could order it online, but I don't want to pay $6-$8 in shipping.  I'm cheap.  I'll most likely pay more than I need to for nice fabric, and with the pattern costing between $8 to $12, that's going to make one expensive bag.  So I've asked Quilted Works to order the pattern.  At least that way I can avoid the shipping costs.

In the meantime, I'll make some wheat bread.  My sister, Valerie, gave me an awesome recipe for 100% whole wheat bread that is ready to eat in an hour and a half.  I've really enjoyed the recipe, but lately the loaves are coming out a little heavy.

I picked up a magazine at the mechanic while I was waiting for a new muffler and read an interesting article.  The head baker at the Lion House in Salt Lake City was being interviewed and she said that by adding 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger, you would get more volume from your yeast.  Who would have thought that?  How do people figure these things out?  I'm going to try it and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment