Sep 18, 2014

Painting the house - How about some input?

This shouldn't be this hard.  Its just paint, but I want this place to look charming.  I've got the exterior primed and painted and next week we'll take care of the trim and the door.  I thought I knew exactly how I wanted it to look but now I'm not so sure.  I'd like to know what your ideas are.

This is my house before the paint.  Very stark and white.  The green trim is way too green for my taste.


This is my yellow house now.  Next week the fascia and window trim will be painted as well as the door and porch posts. 

Since we're not able to do anything with the green roof we're working around it.  I love yellow.  But right now it seems a little too yellow without any of the trim painted.

Originally I was going to paint the fascia Saguaro Green.  (It really does look good against the green roof and the yellow house paint).  But I'm thinking it might need more soft white for the trim around the windows, door and fascia.  And what about the door?  I want to make a statement.  Help?

Martha Stewart Living Saguaro Green


These are a few houses that inspired me.






Ideas?


2 comments:

  1. I love it! And I agree, some white trim would help it look softer. Debbie mentioned window boxes? I think those are a good idea too. I'm a fan of the Saguaro Green. Looks great mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you two! I'm definitely doing window boxes.

    ReplyDelete