Jul 13, 2011

Apple Cider Vinegar Honey Tea

I wouldn't normally put those words together but I've got a sore throat.  This is the kind that makes me squint every time I need to swallow.  I'm not congested, but I'm hoarse.  My Bigelow I Love Lemon herbal tea is gone so I've been trying all sorts of home remedies to help ease the pain and I found something that is quite delightful.  


By delightful, I don't mean delicious.  Its not bad, but it really soothes my throat.  Apple cider vinegar has some great health benefits too, but it's very acidic and should be diluted because it can damage the tooth enamel and the tissues in your throat and mouth.  According to TLC, it can increase calcium and other mineral absorption and control blood sugar levels.  


So I mixed one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and one tablespoon of honey in a mug of hot water and sipped it over half an hour.  Really, its not bad.  I'm just glad I can swallow without cringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment